I'm a participant level 1

how can i get printed transcripts of text messages 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello 473mls,

Welcome to the community!

The contents of text messages are only available on you device (or your back-up, if performed). The mobile providers do not keep a record of text messages. When text messages are sent, they are only on the servers until they are delivered to the recipients. In the event the text messages are undeliverable, they are automatically deleted from the servers after a specific period of time. The only record of those correspondances would be on yours and your recipients' devices. If you had not created a back-up of your text messages and you have since deleted them from your device, there is would not be any way to retrieve those messages.

If you still have the text messages on your device, there are various means of having them printed. One way would be to take a screen capture of the messages on your device. Other ways generally involve creating a back-up of the messages and downloading that back-up to a computer (see here and here). There are also some videos on YouTube showing possibly other methods of printing text messages.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers