Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condescending service

lbotto
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi all,

I have been with Fido for 20 years and thought I was going to be treatred accordingly by the retention department agent I called today.

Before let me give you the background, last week I had a previous call with another retention department agent that was very helpful, she offered me a better plan than the one I currently have so I almost signed a new 2 year contract with Fido but decided to think about it a few days more.

Currently I a have a good deal with every thing unlimited and 5 gigs plus 5 hours more per month. I am paying 40 plus tax. This agent offered me a new XR cell and a plan with 12 gigs for 45 (20 for the plan and 25 for the cell) plus tax. However I decided to think about it for a few days (4 days or so).

Today I decided to go for this plan and called Retention Department again to hopefully sign the 2 year contract, I was transferred 3 times before I could speak to the agent. Once I got through the agent sounded condescending and after I explained what I had been offered last week, she told me she could only offer me the cell for 25 and a plan with 3 Gigs for 35 additional dollars. 

I felt insulted by this and by the tone f her voice then told her we  could not come to any agreement under those circumstances. She told me the offers change every day and what I had been offered 4 days ago did not apply anymore.

I hope I can be contacted by an agent that can communicate in a more courteous way with me.

This was quite a bad experience and I am going to look for other service providers. 

2 REPLIES 2

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi lbooto.

I hope your next Fido call with an employee will be great. Fido employee are humans, and humans are normally gentle :).

Your situation is absolutely special. Normally all Fido employee answer questions and are gentle. Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley If you have any questions, i'm here to help Smiley

FidoVan

Hi there @lbotto and welcome to the Community!

We're sorry to read that you latest interaction with us was not what you expected to be. Know that you can always request to have your interaction reviewed and have a feedback sent if you are not satisified with the level of service you were provided with the next agent.

That said, our offers do change often and can change overnight. If you need asssitance with your options, don't hesitate to reach us out through our regular servicing channels here.