Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concern with billing

Anuranj
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I had a monthly plan of $50+tax which had 9GB Data + 1000 minutes of long-distance calls to some countries including India. I have been using Fido since August 21st and I have never used or reached the 1000 Minutes.

But when I checked my last bill I was charged 597.91. As I spoke to the customer service representative, they told me I have used over 1000 minutes of long-distance calls. I was not able to believe this as I often check the minutes I have used. I was also told that Fido will not send me any warning text about the 1000 minutes usage. However, as I started checking the application which is the only way I can keep track of the minutes I have used, I noticed that the minutes are not getting updated for days whenever I made any long distance calls. In this scenario, how a customer will keep track of the minutes used when the app itself is not reliable. A customer care representative asked me to not keep a personal track of the minutes as sometimes due to technical reasons it will take some days for the app to show updated figures. Also, they asked me to often reinstall the application to get the correct data. Due to the incorrect data in the app, I have to pay about $540 extra. I would like to bring this issue to the person concerned from Fido and suggest a solution for the same. I hope to receive a prompt response for the same.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Anuranj,

Welcome to the community!

I understand you have already spoken with customer service, however, since your issue deals specifically with your account, you will need to discuss the matter with customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers