cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint about billing after accepting phone offer

Jagjinder
I'm a participant level 1

Last month I call fido customer service and ask to upgrade my phone, She offer me a pre certifide s9 for Monthly payment of $10. because it was an early upgrade so she said I am a loyal customer and i have an offer that if i upgrade my phone earlier I would get upto $200 for my last phone cradit so i need not to pay for my last phone to upgrade with new phone. so my monthly plan suppose to be 45 for my plan+ 10 For phone+45 setupfee-$5= so approximately 95 dollar and i am surprise to see $221 on my bill. Only fido could give you surprises!

5 REPLIES 5

Karolyn

THE EXACT SAME ISSUE HAPPENED TO ME! THE FIDO REP TOLD ME I WOULD BE PAYING JUST OVER 50 BUCKS MONTHLY FOR UNLIMITED TALK/TEXT AND 6 GIGS OF DATA. I ALSO WAS SET UP WITH A NEW PHONE WHICH HE CHOSE. NOW I HAVE 3 GBS OF DATA, A PHONE IM NOT EVEN FAMILIAR WITH AND A HUGE BILL. And on top of all of this I was also told that I would have the initial setup fee waived because I explained I had just been laid off due to covid and wouldn't be starting my new job for another three to four weeks, and in addition to this because it was purchased at Superstore I would receive 200000 PC optimum points yet in the end was 140000 and took me 4 weeks to unlock. I initially went in to purchase a SIM card for my phone for prepaid services that would total 35 to $40 for unlimited talk, text and 5 gigs of data. Now I am stuck with a huge bill, face the threat of disconnection because they will not wait until I received my first pay from my in another 2 weeks, and the initial offer I made for a payment arrangement which was half the bill which I shouldn't be paying that amount in the first place, was not enough because it was my first bill and has to be paid off in total. I am so distressed and done with this situation. If the representative had been upfront with me this would not have happened. And in addition I needed a second SIM card for my daughters phone so that I can keep in touch with her through text and calling while I'm working and she is at school. That didn't even happen.

What I actually needed was a plan for two phones that was unlimited talk and text and 5 gigs of data and that's it.

Oh and to top it all off how convenient is it that my phone will be suspended of service 3 days before I start work because of the stupid sales tactic that was told to me. I wish I would have just got the SIM cards and stuck with a prepaid plans because this is an absolute nightmare. It even took me several hours to figure out how to find support for this issue in the first place. I am beyond done.

Cin12

Omg!! Same thing happened to me at Superstore. Well siniliar thing. My 2 yr contract had run out. I had been paying under $60 a month for everything I needed, plus I had gotten a phone also, that cost nothing upfront, money was deducted evey month from bill payment. So I went in wanting the same thing with another another. I told the lady how happy I had been for the past 2 years to only been paying under $60, and that's what I wanted.again, and asked her to show me the phones that would cost me nothing to walk away with and that would keep my phone bill to unde $60 a month. Plus give me 2000000 PC points. Well she showed me the phone that would be of no cost and my monthly bill would ve under 60 but first bill would have activation of 45. So My first bill would be the highest. 

What a lie that was!!!

So she showed phone a

Hey @Cin12

Welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience in stores! This isn't the kind of service we aim to offer.

If you still have any unresolved concerns, you can get in touch with our care team here

Hello @Karolyn,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to hear this wasn't the best experience and this definitely isn't what we wish for you.

Feel free to contact us over these methods and we'll be happy to assist you with your account.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Jagjinder! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience. We like to keep the negative surprises to a minimum!

As we'll need to access your account to see what happened, I recommend you contact us here for support with that. Alternatively, you can also request a PM from the community for assistance.