cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Upgrade Eligibility

Neeth
I'm a participant level 1

How do i check my eligibility to upgrade to a new phone ? I am on BYOP plan now, finished my contract.

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Neeth,

Welcome to the community!

When you finished your contract, did you request to switch to a BYOP plan? Most of the Canadian cellular providers offer subsidised plans. That is, the plans incorporate the phone subsidy into the small, medium, etc plans. At the end of your contract, the subsidy remains as a part of your plan should you wish to get another phone. If you did not request to switch to a BYOP plan, your plan would have remained the same as during your contract, though it would be on a monthly basis.

If you are no longer under contract, you can upgrade your phone at any time. If you wish to subsidise your new phone, the amount of subsidy available depends on the details of your plan. You can view your plan details via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile --> Phone Number (if more than one line on account).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Zoong

I would like to know if i am eligiable for the subsidy for a new phone

Hello @Zoong,

As of February 2020 Fido no longs offers a subsidy on devices instead they have switched to financing devices through a Payment Program you can learn more here.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Neeth,

If you are on a BYOP plan you are not eligible for a phone upgrade but if you are on a BYOP plan you can change to a plan that is eligible for a phone subsidy anytime you want. 

If you were on a contract and did not change your plan then your plan should be eligible for a phone upgrade depending on the type of plan you had.

Just login to your account and double check your plan type.