Chat Support Privacy Question.

I'm a Participant Level 2 universal_mind
I'm a Participant Level 2

Chat Support Privacy Question.

Dear all,

I have a question about live chat support kindly made available to our use by fido. During one of my chat sessions a fido support representative requested my credit card details through a special form a link to which would look like this: https://livesupport.fido.ca/safesend/PCI/?ut=xx...x where I'd enter my credit card details. The questions is: "Will my credit card data (number, expiry date and CCV) be shown in plain text to the support agent if I fill out the secure form and click send?".

Thanks in adavance for your help,

Universal_mind.

Accepted Solution

Re: Chat Support Privacy Question.

As Maria mentioned, the credit card number is tokenized (We can't see the actual number), however the rest of the info isn't tokenized.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Good morning @universal_mind & welcome to the Community! Smiley

When you fill out your card information, we receive a tokenized number to enter in our system. We don't have access to the actual card number.

Does that answer your question?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 universal_mind
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hello Maria! Thank you for your answer, what about the rest of the card info: card expiry date and CCV?

Universal_mind.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Fido Employee Frozen_
Fido Employee
Solution

As Maria mentioned, the credit card number is tokenized (We can't see the actual number), however the rest of the info isn't tokenized.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Fido Employee afterthefact
Fido Employee

And to add to what @Frozen_ is saying, the rest of the info (exp, CVV) is of no value to anyone unless attached to an actual valid CC # (which we don't have because we receive the tokenized/encrypted version of the card number).  Therefore there is no risk if that information is unencrypted.

All this to say we, Fido, are fully compliant with PCI (Payment Card Industry) regulations.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5