Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged while suspended

Breikah
I'm a participant level 2

Hello There,

I called around the 18th-19th of April and I requested suspension to be applied into my account and the agent confirmed to me he already applied it to my account for two months, and for some reason, I been charged and now I have 24 hours to be deactivated and I am out of the country ill be back in 20 days or less. Please I would like to chat with anyone from the Credit Operation department if possible. Thank you 

5 REPLIES 5

Breikah

Thank you for your reply.

I definitely understand the charges you had mentioned, would you please be able to extend the deactivate since I am not in the country and when I got back I will be able to verify with one of your agents the charges, as I can confirm to you the agent never suspended my account as I requested. please just if you could extend the deactivate on the account I will really appreciate it.

Hello Breikah,

I understand you are outside of Canada. However, is the community forum and don't actually work for Fido. You would need to contact customer service for assistance. They do have some other methods of contacting them as outlined on their contact page.

**edit** You should note that if you are financing a device, deactivation of your account would result in the balance of the device being charged. You should also note that in doing so, you would likely lose your phone number and associated plan. Upon return, you would not be able to retain either of them.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Breikah

Just let you know I sent an email and the chat service not available.

Thank you.

Hello again,

Where did you find the email address? As far as I am aware, Fido does not offer any customer services via email. You might need to contact them through one of their other venues outlined on their contact page.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Breikah,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that the temporary suspension would have started for your next billing cycle. Depending on the particulars of you cycle, there might have been charges prior to the activation of the temporary suspension. You should also note that the temporary suspension is for a reduced fee. There would still be some charges during the suspension. You should further note that the temporary suspension only applies to services. If you are financing a device, those monthly device fees would still be ongoing during a temporary suspension.

You can find the information to contact Credit Operations team here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers