cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for two lomg distance charges I did not make

Hockeygirl2013
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have been with Fido for 7 years now and never had an issue until today.

I noticed my Bill was 20.00 more than usual.  I checked and I had two long distance charges to California which I did not make.  I called and an agent sent a business case and nothing was addressed.  The agent said the number is listed as a spam number in San Jose, California.

I called in and spend nearly an hour on the phone and spoke with a supervisor in Ontario who said sorry about your luck but the calls came from your phone and too bad pay your bill.  I said I am happy to pay for the calls if I made them and he said well they came from your phone so nothing we can do.  I said I think I will need to find a new provider.  He said nothing he can do.  I am surprised by the service I received today and is  not at all consistent with what I have been accustomed to with Fido.  I am now really looking at other providers as it appears for 20.00 I'm not a valued customer.  A disappointed and sad customer who feels unappreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

ms40
I'm a contributor level 2

Check out Fizz, thay have fair rates and great customer service. I'm investiaging alternatives for when this nightmare is over. 

Hello @ms40

We understand how inconvenient receiving an unexpected bill can be. In order to get verify your usage, we will need to go over your account.

I'm sending you a PM, talk to you soon.  

ms40

It's not inconvienent, it is robbery. 

ms40

The same thing happened to me, except the charges are for $400.  They say I called places like Antigua and Morroco which I did not.  I am a senior citizen and this feels like I am being taken advantage of.  Obviously this is something Fido needs to investigate and they need to figure out how these people are making these fraudulent calls and they need to step up and protect their customers. 

Hello Ms40,

I replied to your other post here.

As mentioned in that post, if the calls are on the system, they would have been made using your SIM card. It's not really possible to make calls on your account without your SIM card.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

ms40

Stop with the condescending attitude.  First you said it was a virus and the calls could have been made without my knowledge and now you are saying they could not have been made without my actual sim card?  Which is it?  

Do the right thing and remove these fraudualent charges from my invoice. This is disgusting behavior from such a well known company.  I will not stop until you admit this is your problem and you remove the charges.  

I DID NOT OR HAVE I EVER MADE $400 WORTH OF LONG DISTANCE CALLS TO ANY OF THOSE THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES. 

Hello again,

I apologise if my attitude comes across as condescending. That is not the intent. However, customers need to realise that their devices are rather complex and may do things which were not necessarily intended. I replied to your other thread here.

@ms40 wrote:...First you said it was a virus and the calls could have been made without my knowledge and now you are saying they could not have been made without my actual sim card?  Which is it?  ..

Now that you have noted that you have an iPhone, it could be that your phone is making random calls AND they could not have been made without your actual SIM card. Your SIM card is in your phone. Any calls made by your phone (intended or otherwise) would be made via your SIM card. So it's both.

If you would like to further discuss those charges, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

ms40

Telling me an Iphone is a complex device is the exact definiton of condescending.  I am not going to wait on hold for hours waiting to reach your customer serivce department, please have someone reach to me to discuss. I can go on forever if you like. 

This is the most baffling situation I have ever encountered with a telecom company. 

ms40

This does not help.  You are crooks taking advantage of senior citizens.

The phone in question is an Iphone, all your articles refer to android devices. Additionally, I do not have any "apps" on the phone.  As I said, I am 80 years old and use the phone only for emergencies.  Are you trying to tell me that this can happen again?  Are you saying that anyone who owns a cell phone and is a Fido customer runs the risk of getting charged hundreds of dollars every month in long distance calls because of a bogus "virus" and Fido will do nothing about it?  No one in their right mind would ever own a cell phone if that were the case.  I can't afford to pay $400 in long distance calls I DID NOT MAKE.  I am retired, living on a measly pension.  

I need you to do the right thing and remove the $400 charges for long distance calls I did not make. I do not buy your story about my phone having a virus. Please advise. 

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Hockeygirl2013! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

We're sad to read that. We certainly don't want to see you go!

If you have any questions or concerns, we'll be happy to send you a PM from the community to assist you. Just let us know.