cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for international text messges + can't see online billing

JackieJones
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I get charge for unlimited texting internationally while my plan is unlimited texting worldwide.  I am still fighting with them for the charges they laid in my invoice totalling to $526.00 for July and $554.00 for August all of these is texting.

Another problem I have is why the billing online is hidden.  All I can see in mine is the last two months of 2014. I clicked the "online billing" on the right hand top corner and this is all I see plus the current amount I owe them. Where is the breakdown for usage in every single phones we use (three of them). That I wanted to see.  They were promoting this paperless billing and I thought that saved me 2 dollars every month but I think it is very misleading, looking online for the details of your calls and text you cannot find them.  Can someone let me know how?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@JackieJones wrote:

I get charge for unlimited texting internationally while my plan is unlimited texting worldwide.  I am still fighting with them for the charges they laid in my invoice totalling to $526.00 for July and $554.00 for August all of these is texting.

Another problem I have is why the billing online is hidden.  All I can see in mine is the last two months of 2014. I clicked the "online billing" on the right hand top corner and this is all I see plus the current amount I owe them. Where is the breakdown for usage in every single phones we use (three of them). That I wanted to see.  They were promoting this paperless billing and I thought that saved me 2 dollars every month but I think it is very misleading, looking online for the details of your calls and text you cannot find them.  Can someone let me know how?

Hello JackieJones,

Welcome to the forums!

I don't know the details of your plans, but just some general notes. The unlimited text and MMS included with most plans only include those sent from Canada. Were your texts sent from Canada or abroad? Also, the cost of any text services would be additional.

With regards to online billing, did you register for online billing? If your are registered, it should say under Online Billing

Fido.jpg

As you can see from the screen capture, there should then also be a link to View online bill. From there, you can either Save/Print a PDF version of your bill or view Details online of your bill. 

Fido2.jpg

**edit** added additional screen capture

The details online will show you data usage and list numbers called. It will also show how many texts were sent, but not numbers to which they were sent.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey JackieJones, 

all of our Fido plan covers your usage in Canada, under our Canadian coverage.

For that reason, we offer Travel Packages for trips outside of Canada, since our network is limited to Canadian coverage only. 

I'll send you a PM so we can go over your plan, and see what happened! I'd be happy to take a closer look at this matter with you. 

As for billing details, you can go over the details on your online bill, which can be downloaded by PDF on MyAccount.

By using MyAccount on Fido.ca and do the following:
- In the Payment information section on fido.ca, click "View online bill"

- Then select the month you'd like to review and click "View invoice"

- Next, click "Download / Print PDF invoice" on the right side (just above the Terms and Conditions link)

You should be able to see the break-down for each number. For privacy reasons, we do not have the numbers for Incoming calls or the list of text messaging details.

The amount of sent text messages is available though.