cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged a set-up fee from FIDO even though I had no other choice

petermahoney
I'm a participant level 2

Well, I've been with Fido since the end of September and I'm already regretting it.

When I signed up online, I was attempting to enter my licence and credit card info when the screen returned with an error message, stating that I needed to call support to continue. So I did. Seems obvious. Long story short, now I'm being charged $40 for a set-up fee. This is ridiculous, and having spoken to numerous people, I've been told that because the person who signed me up didn't put a note on my account, I'm somehow liable for this?

I was also told by some supervisor in customer support named Austin that I'd "definitely" get a call from the office of the president with 24-48 hours. That was Wednesday evening. Now, about 96 hours later, I'm thinking Austin is a bloody liar. I called back and spoke with someone who was honest and direct about the fact that there's no way anyone in a supervisor position wouldn't have known there was a massive backlog of support tickets, and the more realistic timeframe would have been closer to a week.

So yeah, I'm pissed off and not terribly surprised that Fido is this bad, but still a bit shocked that they are this bad so soon after signing on with them.

WELL DONE, FIDO.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @petermahoney!

We're sad to hear that you have not been enjoying our services. We do our best in order to help all our customers. 

I understand your situation was escalated over to the Office Of the President. Understand that we are currently busier than usual and so are they. They will be getting back to you as soon as they can!

Let us know if you have any questions!

petermahoney

Thanks for replying @FidoDaniela . I appreciate it.

I received the refund for the setup, but I hope this means I'll still be receiving a call back from Fido. I'm pretty disappointed with the service so far after speaking with the supervisor last week. It really soured my experience.

Hi @petermahoney !

I'm glad to see you received the refund. Very_Happy

That said, I totally understand where you're coming from and we want to make sure your experience with us gets better and better from this point on.

If you'd like to confirm the call back, we'd need to access your account to view the notes on file.

You can reach out to us here to get started.

Alternatively, we can also send you a PM via the Community, if that works best for you. Smiley