cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged $600 in Long Distance Fees

sampsokh
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was charged $600 in Long distance fees in one month. When I initially started the plan I spoke to a representative about needing calling to the U.S.A. to be included in my plan. He reassured me that it was and also threw in some other things that I didn't ask for "for free". Fast forward, I'm charged and alarming rate but find myself completely disregard when raising my concerns. Management insisted that the charges where valid and that I should have read the paperwork more carefully instead of trusting in the merit of their sales representative. Technically correct, but completely impractical. If you can't take the word of the person selling the service, then you can't trust the company. Instead my account includes 1000 long distance minutes to several distant countries including Australia, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, and the UK. All of which are countries that I have no ties to. So not only am I being charged for calling the United States, I was also completely unaware that I could even call these other international locations. This is a clear case of misrepresentations of facts and false advertisement and a poor Job on the part of management with handling this entire situation. The first time I called to voice my concerns, I was waiting to speak up a manager for hours, only to be told that a manager would call me back in 48 hours. A week and a half later the manger still hadn't returned my call. I had to call again, and again, and the issue still hadn't been resolved.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sampsokh,

I'm really sorry to read about your experience, we know how unpleasant it is to have a higher than expected invoice.

We would need to take a closer look at the account so I'll send you a PM to get started.

Talk soon!

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sampsohk,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of that awful surprise on your bill. I cannot speak to what was discussed between yourself and the customer representative. However, did you specifically mention calling the US or making international calls? You are correct in that the 1000 International minutes does not include calls made to the US. However, Fido does offer an Unlimited calling to US add-on (see here, under Long-distance).

You claim

@sampsokh wrote:...This is a clear case of misrepresentations of facts and false advertisement...

Is it possible that it was a result of a misunderstanding? The 1000 International minutes is a promotional offer on certain plans. I'm not sure why they would intentionally pass on the opportunity to sell an add-on...

Again, I cannot speak to what was discussed at the time. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers