cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged $400 for long distance calls

ms40
I'm a contributor level 2

I am 80 years old and my wife and I have cell phone for emergencies. I was charged $400 in long distance calls made to Antigua, Morocco, Guatemala and the Dominican Republic that I did not make.  We have never called those countries and we certainly did NOT use our cell phones to call any of those countries, EVER.  Fido insists we did.  What can I do?  I feel like I am being extorted as they are threatening to cancel the lines. 

Has anyone else experienced a situation like this?  Please help.

28 REPLIES 28

ms40

I contacted Apple regarding your "virus" theory and they said they have never heard of such a thing.  There are no "glitches with iOS that can make ramdom calls.  Apple is pointing the finger back at you.  They are saying you should investigate the situaiton and find out how these calls are being made as you are the provider and it is your system that is being hacked to make these calls, not my iphone.  

Hey @ms40

To better asisst you, please contact us on these channels and we'll be happy to review the situation with you.

Hope to talk to you soon.

ms40

This is getting more ridiculous by the minute, now you're blaming Apple.  You should take responsibity as the credit card companies do when fraudulaent purchases are made with a stolen card.  Again, why would anyone own a cell phone knowing that at any time they could be liable for hundreds of dollars in long distance calls they did not make.  This is insane.  

Remove the charges from my invoice. 

ms40

I will get a flip phone as soon as this nightmare is over. 

ms40

Still no resolution in sight.  I see your tactics include avoidance and silence, not going to work here. 

Hello again,

No tactics. Simply was not perusing the forums during the last couple of hours...

At the risk of coming across as condescending once again, this is not customer service. This is the community forum. You are not going to find a resolution in these forums. As mentioned previously, if you would like to further discuss those charges, you would need to contact customer service. You have been provided with the methods of contacting customer service.

As for myself, I will bow out of this conversation as my insight not appreciated.

All the best.

Cheers

ms40

If there are others out there that have experienced the same situation, please reply to these posts and share your stories.

MT2028
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Same issue happened to me. I was surprised to be charged with about CAD68 for random long distance call that I am 100% sure that I havne't made. I contacted the call center and they kept repeating a scripted answer that the system shows that I made the call eventhough I am 100% sure that I haven't made them. Also the calls are mostly 1 min calls. I have spent already more than 1 hour trying to explain this to the agent and her supervisor, but both were not interested in what I was saying and kept repeating their scripted answer. Extremely frustrated. I hope that the issue will be resolved asap, otherwise, I am going to be porting out my 3 linesfrom Fido.