Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing The display name back to it's normal way

Quaderi
I'm a participant level 2

Hello!

I would like my outgoing name displayed to others be changed, so that the caller sees my number like normal rather than my first and last name on their caller id.
I tried calling the customer service to remove but the guy couldn't do it.

Any assistance in this regards would be appreciated

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Quaderi!

You can change your call display name via your online fido.ca account. Although you cannot leave it blank, you can change it Smiley

Here are the instructions:

1. Login to My Account on fido.ca.

2. Select the wireless phone number for which you’d like to change the Call Display Name.

3. Select Change Call Display Name from the Quick Actions section.

4. Enter your new Call Display Name in the First Name and Last Name fields. Your Call Display Name should not contain special characters (except comma, apostrophes and space), letters with accents, profanity and prohibited words like “Unknown” or “Emergency”.

5. Verify your new Call Display Name. Select Update

A window will appear letting you know that your Call Display Name was successfully changed. Keep in mind, your new Call Display Name could take up to 24 hours to appear on your outgoing calls.

I hope that help! Smiley

Quaderi

Hey @FidoNick 

Thanks for sharing the steps, However it still doesn't solve my problem.

To clarify again, what I want is to remove the caller ID or my call Display name, NOT CHANGING it.

For Example: if my Number is (647) 123-4567 and my caller ID shows My name, I just want it to show my Number only as it was originally or they way it was by default.  

If you could help me with that, it would be greatly appreciated 

Hey @Quaderi, Alex here! 

The outgoing caller display cannot be removed. You can change your outgoing display name in your online account on Fido.ca, but not to remove it. 

If you would like to change your display name, here are a few guidelines that must be respected. 

Usernames should represent a real person and cannot include or be:

• Private or Confidential
  • First name without last name
  • Offensive nickname
  • Titles

Usernames can be:

• The full first and last name
  • The first initial and their last name
  • Abbreviated names (e.g., Liz for Elizabeth)
  • Preferred names
  • The username can be different from the account holder’s name, but cannot represent more than one person (e.g., John and Jane Smith)

If you need help with changing it, feel free to get in touch with our customer service through any of the channels here

Qqwerrr
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This is really suck. I do not want to display any name but the normal number. Fido sucks.