cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a prepaid plan

Blueyes12183
I'm a participant level 2

🤔  So waaaaay back in the day, you used to be able to change your prepaid plan when you refilled your account.
I cannot for the life of me find how to do that anymore?  Fido give zeeeeero options in a prepaid MyAccount vs. the postpaid MyAccount.  Do I want to call in and fight with the IVR to change the prepaid plan from a gougey $0.60/min to a monthly prepaid plan? Not really.  Is there a way to do this online that I'm just not finding?  Chat agents don't touch prepaid accounts. "Not it!"  (Fido really couldn't care less about the prepaids anymore, right? 😂)  Lil help?  

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Blueyes12183,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, you would need to access the IVR to change your pre-paid plan (see here). In addition, I believe Fido has a separate contact phone number for Pre-paid accounts (see here). Is that the number you used to contact the agents?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Blueyes12183

LMAO!  Thanks!  That worked and was super simple! 👍  I've been *raaaaging* about this for months, this is my mum's phone and $0.60/min makes my blood boil.   Anytime I call Fido, it's from the home phone (also Fido) and I don't think I've ever used the 611. lol  And everything I do on my postpaid accounts, I do online.  I told her to gimme her phone, I dialed 611 and followed the prompts.  It's changed!  Awesome!  😀