Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot retrieve my fido voice message

BLim
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

We (my wife and I) have problem to retrieve our voice message from Fido Voice Message Centre.

We use the same phones and the same retrieve number (604)618 1123 to retrieve our voice meassage as usual but both failed.

We have no problem to reach voice message centre but once we entered our phone numbers with the pound key, the line is cut off at once.  We have no problem to call and leave a message at own fido numbers.

Please email me a PM so that I can provide our Fido numbers to follow.  Thanks and best regards,

7 REPLIES 7

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @BLim,

This article here may be of help to you.

BLim

We tried to retreive our voice messaging by landlines:

We tried +1 416 821-6549, and we were asked to input our 10 digit fido phone numbers followed by the #key.  Once we input our phone number and the #key, the line cut-off at once, ie before entering our access codes.

(The same situation as we call via 604-618 1123).  The same problem appears to both my wife's and my fido numbers.

Our voice messaging works fine until today.  (we call via 604-618 1123 for the past 10 years).  Did fido changed their voice message service recently?

FYI, for testing we called both my wife and my fido numbers and both of us can reach our own voice messaging service and can hear our recorded greetings so as our voice message services are still there.

Best Regards,

BLim

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

@BLim I am aware that Fido is currently migrating the voicemail to a new system it should be a seamless migration with no interruptions but I'm not sure if the change is what's causing you from not retrieving your voicemail like you used to.

The way to retrieve your voicemail from another phone as mentioned in the link I posted above is as follows.

• Call your own Fido phone number.
  • Press the "#" key during your greeting message.
  • Enter your access code when prompted.
  • Follow the instructions to listen to your messages

BLim

Thanks for your prompt response but unfortunately it does not work.

Per your advice, I called my Fido number, then I pressed the # key during the greeting message.  Instead of asking me to enter the access code, the response is "I've canceled your message, to leave a message after the tone..."   I tried numerious times with different phones, such as mobiles and landlines, but all failed and now my message box is full.

The problem does not limit to my fido, my wife's fido also encountered the same problem.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @BLim

That is definitely odd, what happens when you try to listen to the voicemail from your Fido phone?

If this problem persists then you might have to contact customer support and have your voicemail reset.

BLim

Hi NaliniR,

Thanks for your reply. 

Using Fido phone or not, the line cut-off before asking access code.  Hour ago, I did live chat with fido customer service.  Since I am a prepaid user, the agent said I need a "Private Message" to proceed.

Just for your info.  I have digged a little bit deep and found out that my problem is not odd.  It looks like the probnlem appears since last month and also affect users in different provinces.  https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Cannot-access-voicemail-from-other-devices/td-p/158383

Some have better luck their problem get fxed.  It seems for the BC users like me, the problem is still unsolved after several weeks.  (FYI I also tried the methods suggested  in the above mentioned forum but does not help). 

Please would you escalate the problem to the technical department so as they can fix it ASAP.

Thanks and best regards,

BLim 

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @BLim,

I would suggest you contact customer support and ask them to reset your voicemail or remove and re-add it back. I think this should resolve the issue. 

As I mentioned above I am aware Fido is migrating the voicemail to a new system and much as they would like to migration to be seamless these types of problems would arise.