cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying phone with current plan

Gosal
I'm a participant level 2

I just wanted to know, why am I being offered loyalty plans in the small, medium etc tiers, when if I want to upgrade my phone I have to get a different plan. Where I play a certain amount phone + certain amount for the plan monthly. The small, medium etc tiers for phone plans are just useless then. Where can I see loyalty plans which I can actually use to get a phone?

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Gosal,

The Small, Medium, Large, XL and XXL plans are still available for existing customers who are changing their plans without doing a new upgrade or who are not already on the new BYOP/Fido Payment Program in-market plans. If a customer is still on contract with let's say a medium plan and that person would like to get a cheaper plan or a plan with more data in the same tier then they can change plan without having to break the contract.

If you are no longer on contract and would like to get a new phone you will have to change to plan listed under the BYOP in order to finance a new phone.

Gosal

My contract has finished. I am still being offered the loyalty plans for those tiers but nothing for the new system. I want to get a new phone but not pay and extra $30-40 when I was able to get a phone with the current plan I have before. Where can I see loyalty plans for the new system? or are there none offered for it?

Hey @Gosal! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

You should be able to see all your options through the website after you login to My Account. They should appear once you select the link to change plan. That said, we can just look at that with you directly, to make sure you have all the options. You can contact us here for that or you can request a PM from the community.

I hope that helps!