Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive google verification codes via SMS

Mandy84
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi
i cant receive my Google Verification code by SMS, i can receive SMS from regular phone numbers but i don't receive SMS from Short Code numbers.
could you please help me i cant have my apps on my phone if i don't receive the Google Verification code SMS

***Edited to add labels***

23 REPLIES 23

dhzynx
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

@FidoJulienwrote:

Hey @dhzynx

Welcome to the community Smiley

We're still looking into this.  However, many people were able to fix it by changing their phone number to a 647 or 416 area code.  You can do it yourself from your account on fido.ca.

Alternatively, people have been able to get backup code from Google.  You can find more info about that here.

Let us know how it goes! Smiley

@FidoJulien

I managed to get around the issue with google by getting the codes via call. But not for other sites such as facebook. And like many users here,  my wife and I prefer to keep our current numbers. I hope Fido can fix this issue. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dhzynx!

We'd love the chance to look into this Smiley I'll have to take a closer look at your account.

Sending you a PM! See you there Smiley

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there Dimok!

You should be able to receive short code SMS. As long as the message is originating from one of these numbers, there should be no issue.

Could you please try contacting Google and confirm with them that they are sending you the verification message to your Fido number. If you're still unable to receive any verification message, make sure to ask which short code number is being used. We will need as many details as possible to look into it.

Let us know how it goes :).