cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Terms and Conditions

foidouser
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

According to the Fido Terms and Conditions section 2e, it is possible to cancel a Fido service by contacting them in any of the means provided in Section 10e, however when I cancelled my contract via live chat, the service representatitve tried to tell me I must call Fido.t  I let it be because I was running out of time and according to Fido's Terms and Conditions I had already cancelled my contract.  However Fido has just billed me for the Service I cancelled.  Presumably if I simply don't pay Fido eventually they will realize that I cancelled the service last Sunday.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Have I misread the terms and conditions?

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that either the terms and conditions need to be updated or the people running the live chat should have the power to cancel someone's mobile service without the need to make customers.

For other Fido customers who wish to cancel their contract, I recommend simply porting your old number to your new provider.

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @foidouser, thanks for posting Smiley

We'd really hate to see you go and we'd love to help out and clarify a few things!

We've verified the info and our Live Chat reps can definitely cancel your services for you and we'll have to send in your feedback as it's not the type of experience we want for our customers!

That said, I'll send you a PM to look into that and also to go over your options. Keep in mind that the service needs to be cancelled by us or billing will continue and it will only eventually cancel out for non-payment which is not something we want for you.

I'm sending you a PM now, see you there!