cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my monthly prepaid plan

stevencollinsgr
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, I have recently moved back to my home country and won't be returning to Canada. I have signed up for a monthly prepaid plan of 44 dollars, I was told by the sales rep that if I don't pay the plan the accuring costs will roll over and if it's not paid after a few months the plan will just be cancelled. Can someone advice me is this correct, my bill now is 89 dollars and I don't want to have to pay it as I am not in the country anymore. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Stevencollinsgr,

Happy New Year and Welcome to the Community!

To clarify, do you have a pre-paid plan or a post-paid plan? You noted you have a monthly pre-paid plan. However, pre-paid plans do not receive bills. All pre-paid services need to have monies available in your account prior for services to be rendered. If you do not have sufficient funds in your account, your monthly pre-paid plan will not be available. The costs would not accrue on the next month as there would be no monthly services rendered. Any service usage would then be on a pay-per-use basis. The monthly pre-paid plan would only restart when there are sufficient funds in your account. If your pre-paid mobile account balance remains $0 for six consecutive months, your phone number will be deactivated (see Terms of Service; section 7c).

On the other hand, if you are receiving bills, that would suggest you actually have post-paid services. In order to cancel post-paid services, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. You might also consider contacting them to verify which services you actually have.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi there @stevencollinsgr , unfortunately you must cancel your account with Fido to end you billing and service. Since you are out of the country, I would suggest you contact fidosolutions on Twitter to have this done. DM them, ask for assistance and after a few security questions you can have a service representative manage your account for you. All the best and safe travels