cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fees not waived - Excessive charge on 1st bill

coloredsky9999
I'm a participant level 1

I am getting scammed by Fido.  I requested portin as part of Black friday sale and was sent two SIMs(I requested for one). I have pasted below offer from Fido chat. After I activated my 1st SIM, and chatted with an agent, I was told the offer was incorrect and cannot be applied. Had a call back with an manager and was told agent was not trained properly and offer cannot be applied . Was offered 3 GB for 3 months as an alternative, which I refused to accept. This was a clear case of bait and switch, but I dont have energy to take it up further. 

Now, I have my first bil and was charged 222 . Activation fees is not waived and may not be waived off till 3rd or 4th bill. 

I never activated the second sim (that i never requested) but have been charged $70+ for it. I requested cancellation on my call with the manager. 

First bill didnt have proper discount applied yet and has discount split between two months, so, I got only $10 off for each month. 

And not to mention $30 GB bonus as part of initial offer as part of BF deals. 

At this point, I have no hopes from Fido, but would wait for 3-4 months(just waiting to see if activation fees is returned)  and what is the actual plan I am on.  Making this post so that others can see how Fido works and how they have no sense of accountability. 

image (2).png

3 REPLIES 3

johnmatrix

Hi, did you get a solution? I have the same problem with their $30 deal, I get the activation fee and regular amount charged.

Hey @johnmatrix,

Please reach out to our customer care team here.

They'll be able to assist you further with your invoice!  

FidoStephane

Good afternoon, 

This is something you would need to take up with customer support. They would be happy to look into this you and find a solution 

You can reach them at any of these channels: Fido.ca/contact