Canada-wide calling / UNLIMITED evenings and weekends

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Canada-wide calling / UNLIMITED evenings and weekends

Hi there!

I am just about to upgrade my plan but a question comes to my head. 
The short description for this new plan says the following:

• Talk: Unlimited Canada min (3)
  • Text: Unlimited (4)

The full description and features for this new plan mention, among others, the following:

• Canada-wide calling (3)
  • UNLIMITED evenings and weekends

Where 3 is: Calls from Canada to Canadian numbers only, billed by the minute. Additional minutes: 50¢/min (Call Forwarding: 20¢/min).

And here I get confused. When am I going to be charged for additional minutes? Why does it say billed by the minute if it's Unlimited Canada-wide calling? Is it really unlimited but only on evenings and weekends?

The full description and conditions don't help me to understand how Fido charges for additional fees (if any) on this plan. 

If it helps, it's a new offer for Fido customers, though I see the same description for all the plans, not only the offers. And my number is from Quebec. 

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Re: Canada-wide calling / UNLIMITED evenings and weekends

Hello SDaniel,

Welcome to the community!

I can understand the confusion! The minute information under the details are redundant if the plan has Unlimited Canada minutes because evenings and weekends would already be included. Also, the additional minutes are not applicable since the plan already includes unlimited minutes Those details originated for plans with limited minutes like some of Fido's older plans. I'm not sure why Fido continues lists the additional minute cost and Unlimited evenings and weekends and circle calling in the details for plans with Unlimited Canada minutes.

Any plan which includes Unlimited Canada minutes would offer you unlimited Canada-wide calling anytime.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Hello SDaniel,

Welcome to the community!

I can understand the confusion! The minute information under the details are redundant if the plan has Unlimited Canada minutes because evenings and weekends would already be included. Also, the additional minutes are not applicable since the plan already includes unlimited minutes Those details originated for plans with limited minutes like some of Fido's older plans. I'm not sure why Fido continues lists the additional minute cost and Unlimited evenings and weekends and circle calling in the details for plans with Unlimited Canada minutes.

Any plan which includes Unlimited Canada minutes would offer you unlimited Canada-wide calling anytime.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Thanks @Cawtau!

Very helpful answer. I'll check again the plan again and will make the upgrade during the day. 

Thanks again!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3