cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send message with Fido - error 2

Carrie1956
I'm a contributor level 1

I've been receiving this error message for the past couple of weeks when trying to send texts.

I have cleared the cache. I can only get the message through if I turn OFF wifi and mobile data. Sometimes it works if I turn off mobile data but stay on wifi. This is very annoying and I hope Fido can fix the problem.

4 REPLIES 4

samgabbay
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Hi @Carrie1956

Are you using an Android or an iPhone?

If you are using an Android, Are you using Google Messages? Is Chat Messages/RCS Turned on?

If you are using an iPhone, is iMessage turned on? Did you go to settings and turn on Send as Text so that if iMessage fails it can send as a regular SMS?

These are key questions that can assist us in getting you a proper solution. 

Awaiting your response. 

Carrie1956
  • I have an Android. I am not sure if it's Google messages - I am using the default messaging app that came with Samsung phone. This only started a couple of weeks ago.

Hey @Carrie1956! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Can you send us a screenshot of the error in question please (while concealing any personal information)?

Also, are you sure you're you're not trying to send an MMS (picture message) and not an SMS (text message)?

You need your data turned on to send MMS mesages.

Hi @Carrie1956 , I know how frustrating that can be. It happens randomly to me on occasion and always to my friends on Telus. No rhyme or reason to it. There's many different suggestions on how to fix it and different tricks work for different people. I downloaded the updated Google messages app and seem to have more success with that one. If one gets stubborn and doesn't send, I copy the text, delete the first one and then paste it and hit send again. So far it works for me. I also have had it work when I restart my phone and hit resend after my phone is finished turning back on. I hope one of these ideas works for you. It's hard to tell what causes it for some people. 

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 10e. If that's a common thread.