cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive or make phone calls

Ten3
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I switched to Data Plan only. I know its called data only, but when I look at the my plan details it says unlimited evening and weekend minutes.

I tried calling evenings and it won't let me reach anyone. I tried calling *611 as well but no luck.

When I called customer service, they told me it's because I signed for data only plan and that my phone number was blocked.

I tried looking up the plan again on the fido website, but it's not there anymore, so ai don't know it it's a glitch on my profile.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ten3,

Welcome to the community!

While the Tablet or Hotspot plans (data-only) used to allow for pay-per-use calling and texting, that functionality was removed (see here). Do you have one of those plans? As far as I am aware, those plans are also restricted to tablet or hotspot usage.

At one point, Fido did offer some Data & Text plans. Those plans did not allow for voice calling either.

Unfortunately, since neither the Data-only or Data & Text plans allowed for voice calling, I believe the plan details noted in your profile are incorrect.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers