cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use my Toronto phone in if I have Unlimited Canadian Long Distance?

regoc29
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Can i use my Toronto phone in if I have Unlimited Canadian Long Distance?

My home base in toronto. And in my plan it says I have unlimited canadian long distance. 

I would call Fido and ask but now they charge $10 for every  inquiry!

Help:)

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Regoc29,

Welcome to the community!

If your plan has unlimited Canada-wide calling, you can use your phone to make and receive calls anywhere in Canada to Canadian phone numbers. You should note that if you're outside your local calling area (ie in Vancouver), calls from that location to your phone number will be considered long-distance -- even though you might physically at that location -- since your phone number is still Toronto-based.

Also, to clarify, Fido does not charge for every inquiry. That new charge is only applicable on certain transactions which can be done by ourselves:

As of May 14th 2019, when a customer service representative performs a transaction on your behalf a small fee is applied for select transactions available on Fido MyAccount self-serve.

Transactions performed over the phone, via live chat, or social media support may be affected.

Impacted transactions:

• Making a payment
  • Updating method of payment
  • Updated contact information (email, phone)
  • Changing billing language
  • Resetting Voice Messaging password
  • Changing Name Display for Call Display
  • Changing billing address

~ Taken from here.

The problem with all of the articles and social media reports regarding the charge is that most of them didn't provide full details.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers