cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls drop before dialtone. Takes multiple tries before connecting.

Kevin_Tran
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi there,

Around two weeks ago, I have been having issues with outgoing calls. Whenever I call a number, it will make that hangup *beep* and then hangs up. On average it takes 4-5 tries before it connects me and I hear the dial tone (but sometimes it connects me through right away). I have a second phone in the house that is also using Fido mobile, and it has the same issues.

The issue also seems to affect numbers calling in. I've had people message me saying that they couldn't call my number, But I still get the occasional calls from telemarketers and such daily. 

I was thinking this has something to do with higher traffic since the isolation? But I wanted to check the forum to see if anyone else is having this issue. I tend to have dropped calls before dialtone happening more around 9am - 3pm, but when I make calls in the late evening, I don't see the issue happening as often (if at all). 

Some extra info:

Phones are - LGV20 and the Nexus 5

LGV20 has unlimited call plan

tried restarting both phones, doesn't fix the issue.

Tried calling numbers of different carriers, and seeing the same dropping issue. 

1 REPLY 1

randaya
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

network traffic congestions due to a lot of people utilizing network (voice and data networks).  Telco's are trying to increase capacity due to overwhelming demands by the "Work From Home".     We use the big 3 providers for mobile, T1 PRI voice lines (different service provider) 2 x SIP Trunks (each from different service provider).  All  e having issues.  SIP companies acknowledge the congestions in their network but others are not acknowledging the issue.  Did a test calls to different providers...It takes 2-3 calls to get thru.  Imagine trying to call 911 and the call does not go thru