cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIGHTMARE!Horrible experience! better to switch to other companies.

cathybai
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

NIGHTMARE!Horrible experience! better to switch to other companies.

I've been with Fido for long long time, but it's my first time calling customer services and want to discuss the additional long distance charges showed up on the bill.

Due to the COVID virus, my air ticket was being cancelled and I had made phone calls to deal with this issue.  The thing is I'm not aware that I called an international number, since i have international block - any international number shouldn't went through in the first place).  I am 100% sure that I had the international block and can't call any international number before.  I've never made any  changes to remove the block and I'm not aware why and when Fido removed the block for me without any notice.  I have other phone with free international plans, if I know the international block was removed I won't use my current number to call.  It’s the company’s responsibility to send notifications to customers when there is a change to the account.  Otherwise they can remove whatever they want to remove and charge whatever they want to charge??  However, the customer repensitative said they can't check when the block was removed either and they can't do anything with the additional charges.

It's not a lot of money, but it just made me feel very disappointed. The Company doesn't care about single individual customer at all.  Instead of customers’ experience, they only care about the MONEY!  Especially during this COVID virus period.  Smiley  They don't understand how to find a solution according to real life situations. 

I will switch to other company and advice all my friends and families to stay away from FIDO.

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @cathybai

I can understand that it can be a surprising situation to receive a bill that is higher than expected. That being said, if you make an international call it would be charged as such. In this case, I would like to take a closer look into your account, so we can check out the details of the restrictions on the account. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look. Smiley