cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call i didnt make

Kbhise
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I have a few long distance calls appearing on my phone bill that I don't recall making. The calls have been going on for 2 weeks but there is no record of it in my outgoing calls. Is it possible to make calls on my number without me making it. Does it even make sense?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kunal 

6 REPLIES 6

FidoKenny

Hey @Kbhise and thanks for reaching out.

In order to check this usage with you, we would need to get access to your account.

You will need to reach a representative. You can reach our customer service through our channels here.

We can also send you a PM here on the Community.

Let us know what's best for you.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kbhise,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have? Does it include Canada-wide or Province-wide calling? Have you had a chance to take a look at the details of your bill? You should be able to do so via My Account.

If you have a plan which does not include Canada-wide or Province-wide calling, it's possible to be charged long-distance for incoming calls as well -- depending on where you received those calls. Could those calls have been incoming calls?

Firstly, it's helpful to think in terms of local calling area (LCA) vs long-distance (LD) calling. It's also helpful to differentiate between incoming and outgoing calls.

Your incoming LCA is based on the geographical location that is associated with your number. It has nothing to do with your own physical location at the time you receive a call. On the other hand, your outgoing LCA is determined entirely by your physical location at the time of a call, and has no ties to any specific geographical location, other than the one in which you’re standing.

Receiving calls while outside of your incoming LCA is considered LD. Making calls while roaming can either be local or LD, depending on whether the call destinations are within or outside of your outgoing LCA.

Does your plan include Canada- or Province-wide calling?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Kbhise

Hi Cawtau,

Thank you for your reply.

My plan includes 500 weekday canada wide and unlimited weekend and evening minutes. I have used only 107 minutes of the 500... I did not travel outside of my local area the day this month. Is there anything else I should be checking?

Thanks, 

Kunal

afterthefact
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

Hi @Kbhise is there any chance you are using any calling apps such as "What's App" or anything like that?  Sometimes those apps can trigger your phone to make outgoing LD calls instead of routing the LD call through the data connection.  

Kbhise

Hello guys,

What an awesome community, felt very well supported. I called up 611 and they helped me out. One of the calls appears on my outgoing call list(but I still don't remember that call) it must have been a call made erroneously. 

The matter has been resolved. Thank you everyone for your support. 

Thanks 

K

Thanks for the update! Happy to hear it was sorted out! Smiley