cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call forwarding vs three way calling

xelia20
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Is call forwarding the same as three way calling? 

3 REPLIES 3

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

call forwarding is less needed as most plans are unlimited incoming , also limited to 2000 min, also one must always remember to un-call forward as well.

Hello Patrickchan,

@patrickchan wrote:...call forwarding is less needed as most plans are unlimited incoming ...

Where did you see unlimited incoming? Yes, there are plans with unlimited calling which would include unlimited incoming, however, there are still many plans with allotted minutes. Incoming calls with those plans are not unlimited and would go against the allotted minutes -- unless during unlimited evenings and weekends, if included as part of the plan.

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Xelia20,

Welcome to the community!

No, call fowarding is not the same as three-way calling (conference calling). Call forwarding provides the ability to forward a call from one phone number to another. For example, if you have two phones -- say, home and cellular -- and your home phone receives a call but you are not at home to answer, call forwarding could (if enabled) forward that call to your cellular phone. With call fowarding, there are still only two parties involved in the conversation.

On the other hand, three-way or conference calling allows for more than two parties to be involved in the conversation. Typically, one person will call a second party. Once that call is established, one of those parties will be briefly put on hold while the other party dials a third person. Once that call established, all three parties can be involved in the conversation.

Are you referring to cellular service or home phone service. I do not see conference calling as one of the features in cellular plans anymore. If you have an older plan which still has the feature, you should note that your airtime will be deducted with each party if your plan does not include unlimited airtime (see here). 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers