cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFT charge

DanSA
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Fido charges a fee for forwarding my phone (unanswered) calls. I have a Canada-wide calling plan and my forwarded number was a local number. I also have a voicemail (calls get forwarded to voicemail if unanswered) Is this one way to make more money for Fido? I do not understand the rationale for this.

I have been a Fido customer since 2016 but off late I am starting to get a bit disappointed with Fido.

Has anyone in the Fido community experienced this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

LitlLdy
I'm a participant level 3

@DanSA wrote:

Fido charges a fee for forwarding my phone (unanswered) calls. I have a Canada-wide calling plan and my forwarded number was a local number. I also have a voicemail (calls get forwarded to voicemail if unanswered) Is this one way to make more money for Fido? I do not understand the rationale for this.

I have been a Fido customer since 2016 but off late I am starting to get a bit disappointed with Fido.

Has anyone in the Fido community experienced this issue?

I just signed up for a Fido account (still waiting on eSIM to be delivered, no clue why it cannot be emailed to me) so I'm glad you mentioned the call forwarding charges due to the fact I use YouMail for Voicemail which requires conditional call forwarding for it to work. I have unlimited minutes so I assumed that call forwarding would be included! Apparently not!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @DanSA and @LitlLdy 

Call forwarding is not included in your plan's features. You can still use the service, though you'll be charged a pay per use rate of $0.20/min.

Here's what you need to know about the service:

• Long distance charges apply if you forward your calls to a number outside your local calling area.
  • Unless calls are forwarded to your Fido Voice Messaging service, call Forwarding minutes are always charged at a pay per use rate unless you have a Call Forwarding add-on. They never deduct from the minutes included in your monthly plan.
  • Calls can only be forwarded to a Canadian or an American (country code "1") phone number.

Taken from this page.

Hope this helps!

LitlLdy

@FidoSaad wrote:

Hey there @DanSAand @LitlLdy 

Call forwarding is not included in your plan's features. You can still use the service, though you'll be charged a pay per use rate of $0.20/min.

Here's what you need to know about the service:

• Long distance charges apply if you forward your calls to a number outside your local calling area.
  • Unless calls are forwarded to your Fido Voice Messaging service, Call Forward minutes are always charged at a pay per use rate unless you have a Call Forwarding add-on. They never deduct from the minutes included in your monthly plan.
  • Calls can only be forwarded to a Canadian or an American (country code "1") phone number.

Taken from this page.

Hope this helps!

@DanSA ,  @FidoSaad , after comparing everything here to my current provider Public Mobile I decided to cancel my phone service with Fido after less than 1 day of service here! I will stay with Public Mobile instead for my needs, necessities & costs! It cost nothing extra for call forwarding with them along with other perks & much lower costs.

I appreciate everyone's input here that helped make my decision much easier. Thank you.