cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with Phone Plan Selection

Kyasarin
I'm a participant level 1

I wanted to come on here and mention a weird bug I encountered that ended up being a real pain to my mobile account. Below is a screenshot of the select a new plan options off of the account section:

{1E6FFCEE-0E6F-4B88-B7CB-585C170064BE}.png

I was looking to downgrade my account since I don't use all of my data. I noticed that the 4gb plan in the list (this was listed under the "data talk and text" section, with a blurb about the plans including talk/text) was only 15/mo, thought it may be a promotion or something so went through with it as my selection. Nowhere did it mention data-only. When I got the confirmation email, it said "data-only" plan...  Ofcourse I was very confused so tried to text nothing, tried to call, not available.

Frustrated I went onto the upgrade plan again to fix it, it pops up a screen saying "contact us if you want to upgrade your tablet"... So I try to contact, can't get verification pin to make changes to my account my bad. So a few days go by out of frustration without proper service. I go on to try and contact again, I see a pop-up for a promotional upgrade plan, if all else fails lets just see if I can get that for now to at least get my call/text service back. Well after proceeding through the step  it works fine but it not what I wanted originally.

So to summarize, confusing glitch, lead to wrong account switch, lead to me without service for days and being super frustrated with Fido. Please fix your account plan section so that other people do not have the same experience.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

Thank you for the flag Kyasarin, 

We've reached out to our Fido.ca team to inform them of this. 

We appreciate you took the time to let us know

Realleeee

I have the same issue. I thought the $15 for 4GB was a promotion and switched to that plan not knowing it was a data only plan because there was no metion about this at all anywhere. I cannot switch back to my original plan on my own - when I try, it gives me a pop-up message saying 'contact us if you want to upgrade the plan for your tablet'. I do not have a tablet and it's for my cellphone. I was paying $45 for 4GB before this change. Will I be able to switch back to my original plan since this was a glitch from Fido's end? 

Hey @Realleeee! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

We'll certainly be able to accommodate you with that if you haven't been in touch with us since your post. Just let us know by requesting a PM from the community and we'll be happy to help you.