Broken Phone Question

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 THX1138
I'm a Participant Level 2

Broken Phone Question

Hi there,

My iPhone 6s went through the washing machine the other day, after some attempts to save it I've concluded it's a lost cause. I've had and been on my contract for about 8 months so upgrading is not a realistic possibility. Besides buying a new phone at full price do I have any options within Fido?

Accepted Solution

Re: Broken Phone Question

Hey @THX1138

Sorry to hear about your phone, it's happened to me before so I know what that's like!

In these cases, there are a few options. As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, you can file a claim if you have device protection, or even check if your home insurance covers it. As it's an iPhone, if you have AppleCare that's also an option Smiley You can even check with Apple to see how much a repair would cost.

On our end, we can look into getting you a new phone at full price, or if you pay off the balance on the current one then you can get a new one on agreement.

I hope this gives a better idea of what your options are, let us know if you want to check pricing for a new phone on our end.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted

Hello @THX1138 if you have any device protection plan then you can make a claim if not then you are out of luck. 

You can look into your home insurance and see if they would cover it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @THX1138

Sorry to hear about your phone, it's happened to me before so I know what that's like!

In these cases, there are a few options. As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, you can file a claim if you have device protection, or even check if your home insurance covers it. As it's an iPhone, if you have AppleCare that's also an option Smiley You can even check with Apple to see how much a repair would cost.

On our end, we can look into getting you a new phone at full price, or if you pay off the balance on the current one then you can get a new one on agreement.

I hope this gives a better idea of what your options are, let us know if you want to check pricing for a new phone on our end.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 THX1138
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond, I'll look into what you've suggested.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted

Awesome, keep us posted! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5