Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Phone Question

THX1138
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

My iPhone 6s went through the washing machine the other day, after some attempts to save it I've concluded it's a lost cause. I've had and been on my contract for about 8 months so upgrading is not a realistic possibility. Besides buying a new phone at full price do I have any options within Fido?

4 REPLIES 4

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @THX1138

Sorry to hear about your phone, it's happened to me before so I know what that's like!

In these cases, there are a few options. As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, you can file a claim if you have device protection, or even check if your home insurance covers it. As it's an iPhone, if you have AppleCare that's also an option Smiley You can even check with Apple to see how much a repair would cost.

On our end, we can look into getting you a new phone at full price, or if you pay off the balance on the current one then you can get a new one on agreement.

I hope this gives a better idea of what your options are, let us know if you want to check pricing for a new phone on our end.

THX1138
Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond, I'll look into what you've suggested.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Awesome, keep us posted! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @THX1138 if you have any device protection plan then you can make a claim if not then you are out of luck. 

You can look into your home insurance and see if they would cover it.