Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar the scam

JACK89
I'm a participant level 3

To whom it may concern ,

Service Request ID: XXXXXXXX

I was outside of Canada last month and I was flying back to Canada on 10 Feb. 1:30 AM  So I was on the way to airport threw public transit in Mumbai  so on the way I turn on my I phone with Fido service at 10 pm on Feb. 9 2019 (Notification email of Fido roam attached with this email) as I was coming back to Canada. And unfortunately I lost my phone in transit on 9 Feb night I didn’t had any other device me at that time that I can notify Fido to block my account so I decided to notify when I l land to Canada. So I file service request to brightstar in which they ask when incident happen (which is 9th Feb.) ?? not when you report your device lost(which is 11th Feb). and I call Fido on 11 Feb to block my activity and explain what happen.

I submitted my document to brightstar for approval of service request.

Copy of ID :PR card Indicating full name (They approved it )

Statutory declaration form (they approved it.)

Proof of address : Lease agreement.(They rejected)

saying  they need recent lease agreement so I told my owner to make new lease agreement and submitted new one. They rejected saying I have full name in Lease agreement and in my Fido acct have only the shortened version. The reason I mention this is because my full name want fit in Fido acct at time of registration. On one side they approve my photo ID with full name and  on other side they reject my agreement because of full name.

So after that I told my owner to make new lease agreement with indicating my Short name. And I submitted new agreement they rejected that one too saying It’s not legal document. I make too many changes I said I did because brightstar ask me. And its not me who make the agreement It’s home owner. I was trying to explain them the situation and they were arguing with me and rejected my services request saying not valid document address proof. So I submitted my auto insurance statement as address proof than they said Fido saying I didn’t lost my phone on 9the Feb and my services request remain  rejected .

I am helpless now don’t know what to do. It’s look like brightsatr don’t want give me replacement phone that’s why they finding different reason to reject my service request. It’s made me think now should I really want to use Fido service after all this. Because  after all I am Fido customer not a brightstar customer.

Let see weather this post will help me to get my replacement deice or I have to go to the social sight with same info.

9 REPLIES 9

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JACK89

Welcome to the community Smiley 

I'm sorry to read that the phone was lost. 

I can understand the importance of getting a replacement for that.

In order to look into this with you, we would need to have access to your account. 

I'll be sending you a PM shortly so we can check that out together. 

Talk to you soon! 

JACK89

hi @FidoValeska 

All the details sent in PM.Now wiaitng for update from brightstar as per your last msg.

Thank you.

Hey @JACK89

We'll send you a PM when we have an update!

JACK89

Usally It''s take this long for solution from fido?? It's almost week I created issue and still waiting for an update.I wish they will take same long time for charging my credit card on billing cycle.

Hey @JACK89

Let's verify your situation together to see what was done so far.

I'm sending you a PM now on to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon Smiley

JACK89

@FidoPamela ,

Good morning,   Didn't hear anything from last 2 days.

Did you guys retrieved any information? Also let me know long it will take??   Please send me an update.

Thank you.

Hey, I replied to your PM with more details @JACK89

JACK89

I think both fido and brightstar taking so long to solve my issue or they just dnt want solve the problme.I dnt think that it's take 3 days for advisor of prersident office to retrive the necessary information.

Seoriously extremely poor level of customer service by fido really dissappointed,first from brighstar and now Fido.

I think I just Have to wait untill my billing cycle and change the carrier.

Hey @JACK89 !

I can assure you that we're doing our best to resolve this ASAP. So we can better help you, we need to make sure we have all the right information from them. We'll reach out in private as soon as we can.

Thank you so much for your patience!