cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar is a scam

aman14
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I contacted brightstar on March 23rd. Because, I lost my device at a bowling alley. Firstly, Brightstar rejected my claim. Then, I filed an escalation. They rejected that one too. On March 19th, I had to put my sim card in a old device because my new phone was low on battery. They were saying that in the meantime, they transferred my coverage from new to old device. And, my new device is not covered anymore. They didn't even care to send me an e-mail for transferring my coverage. I was frustrated that time and called fido confirm my usage before the incident. I called my brother on new device just one hour before I lost my device. So, Fido had all the details of my call log and IMEI number related to that call. But, Fido told me that there is a different IMEI number shown over there. Is Fido trying to save brightstar money by lying to customers?

I am with Fido from last 3 years. I thought it's a good company. That's why, I bought a new device and a line with Fido. I think it's time to move my services to another provider. I am totally dissatisfied with FIDO AND BRIGHTSTAR.

1 REPLY 1

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @aman14,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience getting your claim completed with Brightstar.

Did you ask them for which reason the claim was rejected? Since your coverage follows your SIM card, it's important to contact them as quickly as possible when your device is lost to make sure there aren't any complications. 

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go and if you need help with your account, feel free to contact us