cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar is a Scam

moudgil
I'm a participant level 2

I was sold Brightstar device protection warranty through Fido. Someone had stole my phone and wallet out of my purse. I wasn't too worried because I have device protection. I had called Brightstar and they said I need to upload some files to prove that I am really who I am. Since I am a student who lives at home, I had to upload my Utility bill as my car insurance and registration and I had asked them what else I could upload for my proof of address since I don't have anything else, they said i can use my school transcript. So i uploaded that and they keep rejecting my proof of address since I go to a private college and saying the interim transcript isn't signed and sealed from registered office, which is a lie because it is signed and sealed from the registered office, they wont approve my claim because my document doesn't look the same as other documents and I had asked my school for a new signed and sealed transcript and they said thats how it looks and cant give me other documents because I ALREADY HAVE IT. I also have uploaded my class schedule and student ID and they keep rejecting all the information I have. I want to know why they wont approve my student proof of address since it is signed and sealed from the registered office from a private collage. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @moudgil,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you contacted Brightstar's support to inquire about why they're not able to accept your school transcript as a proof of address or what gives them the impression that it's not signed and sealed from the registered office at your school?

Let us know!

moudgil

Yes I have been calling every single day. And because i go to a private collage, they say it's not valid. I uploaded my registration number with the items and everything and also how much I paid for the semester. Also doesn't make sense when it has my address on the paper as well. Also my class schedule. Just because I go to a private collage should not be a reason why I shouldn't be able to get a new phone since I paid for the device protection. 

Thank you for clarifying!

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can look into this with you.