cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar approval documents

Baldeepgill2015
I'm a participant level 1

So i lost my I phone XS Space grey 64GB on June 26, 2019. I made a service request on 27 june. Bright star ask me to upload various documents for approval. 
1. Statutory declaration 

2. Copy of ID

3. Utility bill

so these documents has been submitted and completed by the insurance company. 

but living in rented place without any agreement. how can a person can give them any UTILITY BILL OR PROOF OF ADDRESS? 
. Further when it comes to utility bill, how can a home hydro bill, gas bill or document can be on my name if i am not the owner. Even I applied for my work permit , so I not a student. And brightstar told me to upload my college trancript with College ID, I did the same, but they again rejected.

THIS IS HOW THESE COMPANIES MADE YOU FOUL> 
You pay CAD 13/month for an year and still they try to make you foul. I contacted so many times and they have the same wordings. we cant go through until you dont submit the utility bill and proof of address.

Can anyone tel me when we need utility bill or proof of address when they ask your Statutory.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

sukhvirsing
I'm a participant level 2

Did you got your replacement or no.

sukhvirsing

I am facing this problem as well. 

Hey @sukhvirsing

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to learn you are having trouble with Brightstar. Did you contact them to ask which documents are accepted and as Claudia suggested above, if there are other documents that you can submit instead?

garrydeol0143

I am also suffering from the same problem. Disgusting service.

Hey @garrydeol0143

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it's not how we want things to go! 

What's going on exactly?

Can you tell us a little more about the situation so we can help? 

Thanks! 

sukhvirsing

Yes I did, but they told me to submit utility bill but I dont have any utility bill because I am living with my brother and they are not approving my proof of address as well they told me to submit electricty bill gas bill but I dont have any. Anybody can help me what I can do to get my replacement. 

Hello @sukhvirsing

Utility bill, Gas bill, Electric bill, Internet/cable bill, Water bill, Trash bill, Lease agreement, Mortgage Agreement, Car Registration, Car Insurance Statement, or Property Tax Bill

The document needs to match the name of the subscriber listed on the Government ID you submitted.

This is necessary for for the replacement.

What proof of address did you provide for your replacement exactly?

jay9167

this Sunday I lost my phone. I am living with my friend so I upload official transcripts as proof of address. in utility bills, I don't have my name because I am living with my friends. so they told me to upload the class schedule in that. I upload the class schedule they rejected it . when I called them they are told that we need an official class schedule like address and official sign and stamp on it. I told them that we got the time table online. they told me to ask the college for a class schedule official. college told me that there is nothing document that is available to give you. then the customer service representative told me that if college gave any document which has the address and official stamp. so I get it from college and upload it online but then they rejected it. then they told me to upload a study permit. when I upload it they reject it and when I called them they told me that you have a different address on a study permit. I told them that I am from India and when I landed in Canada. The Canadian government gave me the study permit. At that time no one has the address of Canada on a study permit. they are not giving any solution to me it's already 5th day without mobile. when we bought a mobile from fido they even don't tell us they are making that much trouble to me I never go with fido. I have trust on fido but they are not helping me out. plz help 

Hey @jay9167

That's not the kind of experience we want for our customers, truly sorry to hear it hasn't been easy to submit your documents. Not having a functionning phone nowadays is challenging so I can imagine how you're feeling.

We definitely want the process of getting a replacement phone to be an easy one however there's specific documentation that is required and if the criteria is not met it becomes a little more challenging. 

Have you spoken to Brightstar since then to get an alternative? Is there any other paperwork that you can submit with the right address? 

Let us know! 

jay9167

Now they did unfair thing with me they canceled service request and removed my phone from service request. I trusted fido but they fruad me on the name of brightstar scam. I think people is giving me right advice to dont go with fido and brightstar. they are doing scam and fruad people. help me out plz. I am honest user of fido and i paid my bill regulary. i have 5 my friend with fido but we all are quiting fido. plz help so you can save your honest user.

ajitbrar

HI WHAT EMAIL I SEND BY PROFF OF ADDRESS PL SEND ME ASAP

Hello Ajitbrar,

Welcome to the community!

When you initiated your claim with Brightstar, was there an option to upload documents to your claim request? If there wasn't the option or if you are having issues uploading your documents, you should be able to send the documents to the email listed below:

Brightstar.jpg

~taken from here.

You should note that there are repair or replacement processing fees for the claims and those fees vary depending on the MSRP of your phone (see link above). Also, if you haven't already, you might consider familiarising yourself with the protection coverage details as outlined by Brightstar.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

jay9167

hey @FidoRanya  help plz. beg you

Hey @jay9167,

I'm sad to learn that they closed your claim! I assure you that this is not the type of experience that we wish you to have at all and we want to help as much as we can! 

Did you contact Brighstar to see if there are other documents that you can submit and if you can re-open another claim? 

You can also learn all about the documents accepted as proof of address and how you can reach out to Brightstar on this thread on the same subject.

Let us know here once you get in touch with them and tell us how it went! 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Baldeepgill2015

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sad to learn you've been having these kinds of difficulties with your claim. You mentioned that you had spoken with BrightStar about this, just to clarify, was this through an email exchange or did you get a chance to call them and ask if they had alternative documentation options you can provide?