cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bright star is scam and fido should be ashamed for selling them

dmase81
I'm a visitor
I'm a visitor

Not sure why FIDO feels like they are doing any customers a favour offering this as an option. When sold to me I was not explained the fees I would have to pay to get a replacement phone or hassle that came with it.  Not only that but the place I was sent to that "fixed" my cracked screen made it worse and the phone screen would not function after . Bright star does nothing to help you, they are rude and do not have your best interest un mind. Plain and simple it's a SCAM and FIDO should be ashamed with being connected with the.. You're better getting Apple Care, do not pay the $13 a month, it's a waste. I will be moving my provider elsewhere after 18 years because of this. 

3 REPLIES 3

Coopm
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Avoid this insurance. It is not worth $1.00 / month never mind $13.00. First of all the manufacturer warranty covers your new phone for 1 year   I just replaced my pixel after it died after 1 year  It took hours and days on the phone with them nly to be told I had to pay $300 for a $600 phone plus the $100 of insurance payments I made over the last 8 months. It took 10 days to receive a reconditioned phone!  If I had simply purchased a new phone I would have been up and running the next day for only an extra $200 and had a free 1 year manufacturer warranty. The Reman phones don't have manufacturer warranty. I will never buy phone insurance again after this very negative experience.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dmase81,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Brightstar. When you purchased the device protection, you should have also been given documentation regarding the service, which included information about service fees. You can also view the information here.

You should note that AppleCare also have service fees.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoDivine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dmase81,

We're very saddened to know about your situation with Brightstar. That is definitely not the experience we want you to have. Our intent is always to provide our customers with dependable options and services and we take note of your experience and feedback.

On our end, we're always available if you want us to take a look at your account.

Keep the community updated if you have any further inquiries.