cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills Delayed

smirky
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My billing period ends on the 27th of the month. It is now Sept. 22 and I have not received my bill. Fido says they are experiencing billing problems. Now they tell me I could get a bunch of bills at once. How does anyone run a company this way?

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

pettiebage
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Fido, I see that this message string is from 2015 however, I too have not yet received my first bill.

I signed up with Fido on August 24th 2020.  It is now Oct 7th and I have not yet received my first bill although I was advised by Fido customer service I'd be able to view it online by Sept 26th or 28th (because 26th was on a Saturday).

Furthermore, I had signed up with a Samsung phone that is supposed to be financed for $4.99/month, but the contract looks like it's $18 and change a month.  Will the credit appear on my first bill (which seems to be more like a unicorn than a concrete thing)?

Hey @pettiebage,

Welcome to Fido and to our community, we're really happy to have you with us Smiley

I'm sorry to learn you're still not able to view your first invoice, it's definitely odd. Your first invoice should have been ready sometime at the end of August depending on the billing cycle dates, since the monthly fees are charged one month in advance. 

In order to be able to view your invoice, you would have had to register on fido.ca to create an online profile with your email address by clicking on My Account - Register Now - and following the steps. 

Can you let us know if this was already done and what exactly you see once you log in and go to Billing and Payments - View Bill?

As for the monthly financing on the device, it seems that the regular fee was $18 per month and you received a promotion for a monthly bill credit that would take effect as of the first invoice.

This promo is usually applied towards the price of the plan itself and not the financing, however, it brings the total of your monthly bill down to the same amount. Do you see a mention of the monthly bill credit promo you are receiving anywhere on your agreement or on the email confirmation of the upgrade?

Keep us posted!

I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

When will it be fixed? The thing is, delayed noticed is delayed payment on my part so charges is levied.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi 57!

We're still working on it. I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by ''delayed noticed is delayed payment on my part so charges is levied''; can you please clarify?

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Hi smirky, 

At this moment, we are awared of this bill delaying issue and working on it for a solution.  

We apologize for the inconvenience and I'll post the updates as soon as possible here. 

Thank you and please be patiant . 

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

Hi @smirky,

Here is the update: 

We’re working on getting it back on track but don’t worry you won’t have any late payment fees - your next bill will have a new extended payment date. 
The new due date will be indicated on the bill and Late Payment Fees will not apply to that particular month as long as the bill is paid in full by the due date on the bill.