cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing email no longer has bill amount?

BrianJM
I'm a contributor level 2

Am I the only one that has noticed and is disapponted that the bill notification that comes by email no longer has the amount of the bill in it?

@fido Please put the amount of the bill back in the billing e-mail

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @BrianJM

For security reasons, your bill amount and account number are no longer disclosed by email. You can however safely access that info on Fido.ca or on your Fido mobile app

Hope this helps Smiley

BrianJM

While I can understand not sending the account number, just how "sensitive" is the billing amount?

And yeah, I can go log on to somewhere (assuming I remember my account and password among the literally hundereds that I have to remember now) to click a bunch of things, etc. to get my amount, but frankly it was far far more convenient when it was in the e-mail.

Can we please reconsider having the amount in the e-mail?  Or make it per-user configurable even, if somebody really is all that concerned with the amount coming in the e-mail.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We hear you @BrianJM !

The account number and amount owing sections will be displayed again in the near future. Though for now, this is due to a system maintenance, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, your current account balance can be found online by logging into your account. If you would like to discuss your bill, we’d be happy to review that with you as you as well. Simply get in touch with us at these channels to get started.