Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing after Cancellaltion

Poramed
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

To Whom it may concern,

Since I have moved out from Canada permanently, I have contacted Fido's customer service for cancelling my number (6478356875) which the effeactive date on June 22, 2024 was requested.

I was told by the agent that I had to pay for an extra charge only 2 days after my last billing cycle (June 21-22, 2024) which should be around 3+ CAD. 

(You can check the records on your system between 12.20-12.45 of June 14, 2024)

Then I received the confirmation of cancellation email (# 2174486147).

However, yesterday I received an email from Fido regarding the bill indicated that I have to pay 39.55 CAD for the full billing cycle (service until July 20, 2024).

Therefore, I would like to send the request for billing adjustment before making the final payment.

(I am outside Canada right now and don't want to pay for calling overseas, and there's no email option)

Please feel free to contact me for further instructions, or if any information required.

Best Regards,

Poramed

3 REPLIES 3

LaurieGami
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

@Poramed You can use Skype to call their customer service via wifi. It's free.

Hello LaurieGami,

Welcome to the community!

Is using Skype to call their customer service free? As far as I am aware, most app-based calling services are free to use between app users. Using the service to make calls to regular phone numbers often require charges. They tend to charge for those types of calls due to call termination fees.

This is the information I could find on Skype website.

While I could be mistaken, I am not aware of any app-based calling service with free calls to regular phone numbers.

If you have information to the conatrary, please share 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Poramed,

Welcome to the community!

You should note while Fido moderates this community forum it is not a method of customer service and it is meant for customers like myself to help each other, since your issue is account related you will need to contact customer service directly, see here for all the different methods of contact them even from outside of the country.