cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Discrepancy

Anjali111
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was charged $94.08 when I was told at the Fido store where I checked with the employee if my plan includes calling the US. The employee guided me and ensured I could also call the US. When I saw 80 minutes of overtime on my Fido app, before any bill was issued, I called Fido customer service immediately and the customer service representative mentioned that it is not reflecting on my bill and there is no issue. I told her to check numerous times as it was showing on my app. She mentioned that it was included in my long-distance package and the limit was not used up.  Even after reassurance, I am being charged for something which was shared and confirmed in-store as well as through customer service via phone. I would request that these charges be removed. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Anjali111,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear there might have been some miscommunication. You note you checked with the Fido Store that your plan includes US calling. However, was it an actual Fido store or a third-party retailer?

As far as I am aware, Fido does not offer any plans which include calling to the US. Any calls to the US would be considered long-distance and incur additional charges. However, Fido does offer an Unlimited US calling add-on (see here, under Calling). Was the add-on included in your purchase? Aside: Fido also offers a Preferred International rate add-on as well. Did the employee confirm you could make calls to the US or that those calls were included (ie not charged)?

If you purchased your plan from a third-party retailer, it's possible they provided misinformation relating to another provider's plan. Unless you were supposed to get the add-on, I don't think any Fido employee should mistake their own plan offerings. That said, it is possible you were provided with alternate information.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

I also understand you have already contacted customer service. However, this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers