cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill payment using checking account

rana9290
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I always paid my bill using my credit card, this month I decided to pay through my checking account.

using my bank application I added FIDO bill, and entered my FIDO account number and everything has been done well

but still on My account FIDO "FIDO mobile application" that the bill is not paid yet and I didn't receive a payment confirmation on my email as well, but as usual when I pay using visa credit card immediately the bill becomes $0

2 REPLIES 2

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi rana9290!

I think there a delay right now.

You can wait a week, if payment not received, just contact fido and contact your financial institution. And i think Fido will understand the situation.

Have a nice day Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Rana9290,

Welcome to the community!

You should note that depending on your method of payment, it can take a number of days for payment to be received by Fido. With payments made from financial institutions, it may take approximately 5 business days for the payment to be received (see here). They cannot update your account until they've actually received the payment from the bank. As you note, payments by credit card are received immediately, which is why it shows on your app soon after you've paid with that method. If you've recently paid your bill through your bank, the payment will likely be reflected on your Fido account in a few days.

You should also note that since there is a delay in the receipt of payment from financial institutions, you would need to ensure you make payment with sufficient time to ensure payment is received by the due date to avoid any late payment fees. Payments made from those institutions near or on the due date may not be received on time and incur late fees.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers