cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Sent to collection. Too much interest?

EliJah019
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I do apply for Fido acct for my mom 2 years ago and ending up sending the account to collection. 

i applied that account when I was in calgary. My mom lost her phone in nov and report that to fido. My mom is not that techinical and maybe confused. Ending up fido open a new account under her name. So the acct that is under my name was totally forgotten. 

no I received my credit report and seeing fido on that. Did review my bills and saw they charge me until marched for that plan but technically my mom didnt used that plan anymore as she lost her phone and was using a plan under her name already. 

so basically fido was like double charging me. Me and my mom. Now I want to fix the issue but instead of 300 plus bill as she used before shenlost her phone. Fido is asking me to pay the whole $700 something until march. How the heck is that? Double the charges then my mom already oaying her plan that she is using literally under her name. 

can someone help me as I want to to fix this but cant pay that amount you know. 

1 REPLY 1

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @EliJah019,

Welcome to the Fido community!

It definitely sounds like a bit of confusion happened when your mom lost the phone since the account was under your name your mom most likely did not have authorization on the account to make any changes and somehow created a new account under her name. 

The account under your name would have remained active until you contact Fido to take care of it. You are technically not being double charged.

It would be best to contact Fido Credit Operations Department and explained what happened and I'm sure you guys can work out some sort of mutual agreement.

You can find more info and the different ways to contact the Credit Operations Department here.