cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Becoming primary account holder

viol247
I'm a participant level 1

I'm trying to verify the email but it's not allowing me to proceed to the next step. When I enter the email that I've registered with I'm seeing the message "This email is being used by another My Account profile. Please choose a different email."

However, when I try to use a different email, I'm seeing another message saying "Sorry, this account is already linked to another email address. Please contact us for help."

This is extremely annoying, especially because there's no live chat to contact and goes to automated bot Jack. 

5 REPLIES 5

cheick_00

so is there a way i can switch to the account holder in said scenario without having to contact customer service which is currently closed??

Hello Cheich_00,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, only customer service can remove the subscriber designation. As already suggested, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Viol247,

It sounds like you might have signed up to My Account as a subscriber rather than account holder. If that's the case, they might have to close your current My Account profile so you can re-register as the account holder (see here). In order to do so, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

steve1234
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Fido has given up on customer service. They charge for everything unless you go online. Which is no help. They don't care about customers anymore just dollars. 

Hello Steve1234,

@steve1234 wrote:...They charge for everything unless you go online....

That statement is not true. The adminstrative charge is only for services which can be done by ourselves via My Account self-serve (see here). Services which cannot be done by ourselves are not charged the fee.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers