cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic $15 plan

enricoako009
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Does the $15 basic plan with 250mb include unlimited canada wide text? The decription only states that it has 250 mb at 3g speed, 100 canada wide calls, unlimited incoming calls and text. No info about outgoing text. 

6 REPLIES 6

Good morning @enricoako009 I was just reading about the basic plan. When it mentions the plan it has the number 3 to reference detail below. 

It reads as follows:

3. Messages sent from Canada to a Canadian wireless number and received texts from anywhere.

Sent/ received premium texts (alerts, messages related to content and promotions), not included and charged at applicable rates.

My read is that texting isn't included in this plan (albeit free to receive) to send texts you would need a talk and text plan and data add on. That would be more than your $15 basic plan. 

If I'm reading this wrong, I hope someone will correct me. 

I hope that helps. 

Hey there @enricoako009!

To answer your question, the plan includes unlimited incoming and outgoing texts messages. This is mentioned in the footnote, as pointed out by @Original_Lucy.

However this could be better clarified in the "Plan features" section to avoid any confusion, so thank you for the heads up.

We'll have this corrected as soon as possible Smiley

Cheers!

Shannon7
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I do not see the Basic $15 Plan any more when I log into My Account. I switched to Fido at the end of May because of that plan. But because I had some travel plans coming up at that time I temporarily chose the 2G $37.5/mo plan. Now I am ready to change my plan to that Basic $15 Plan and I could no longer find it. The lowest plan is now $35/mo. Does Fido still offer that $15 plan? The only reason I switched to Fido was because of that plan. It would be very sad if it does not exist any more. I did not need to waste the account switch fee had I known that I'm only getting the same plans as my previous provider.

Thanks.

Hello Shannon7,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not sure why you are not able to view the Basic plans when you are logged into your My Account. However, as far as I can tell, the Basic plans are still available on Fido.ca.

If you are unable to find those plans in your My Account, you might need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

If you do switch to one of the Basic plans, you should familiarise yourself with the different features of those plans.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Shannon7

Thank you for the reply. I used the Live Chat function just now and made the switch successfully. 

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Thats great Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley