cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bait and Switch -- anyone available to rectify this?

markyg
I'm a participant level 2

I was on Chat with Virgin -- offered me 20GB $25 per month first line, $20 per month 2nd and 3rd line.

While on chat with them, contacted Fido (currently have a fido voice/data line and 2 data lines.

Nice rep offered to match that, took an hour on the phone. Told virgin I'd think about it. I have a copy of the virgin chat.

Sent me two new sims -- plan to port in the 2 numbers ($20 per month). Confirmed multiple times on the phone.

Sims came. Went to port in numbers, and guess what -- he entered the wrong codes. Notes on file clearly show what I was promised. Reps on chat and on phone claim that there is nothing they can do.

So, after wasting another 4 hours today, they cancelled the 2 temp lines, and virgin mobile no longer has the promo. 

They claim there will be no fees and cancelled it under "buyer's remorse".  They can call it what they want -- I have no "buyer's remorse" but I got screwed because they offered to match another offer (no longer available) and now are not honouring their word -- again, all of this is documented.... nobody is disputing the facts... they are simply refusing to honour their word.

Terrrible terrible customer service.  Any advice?  I have all the paper trail (and so does fido, including the documented chats, what was offered, the email promising to price match any other plan -- the loyalty rep on the phone ("Sam") actually sounded embarassed.  

Any suggestions? Anyone who can make this right?

2 REPLIES 2

markyg

Update if anyone is interested.... Rep from fido contacted me via private message, asked a few questions. I shared the content of the chat with Virgin. Asked a few more questions.  Looks like I've now been ghosted. 

markyg

My kid wants to take this to Pat Foran on CTV, We have  all the records of the chats and promises.  I'm not sure I want to bother but does anyone have any experience with this?