cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYOP plan

RalphWBraun
I'm a participant level 2

Are terms associated with the BYOP plans? I was trying to make an online change and the "contract" keeps  referring to term plans where applicable. But no where does the BYOP plan explicitly state anything about a term (unless I am missing it). Sorry, I'm a bit confused. I am considering the 5GB/$50 per month BYOP plan. Also, any downside to the BYOP plans? I don't need a new phone and my previous plan (2 year plan) expired August of last year.

3 REPLIES 3

grayr
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

They wont tell you if the price of your plan goes down and youll be paying more for no reason until you notice, maybe thats in the terms. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @RalphWBraun,

Since your plan was off-contract since August it means you were on a subsidized plan, Fido no longer offers a subsidized plans they have opted for the new device financing structure. 

Once you switch to a new in-market plan which you will see as a BYOP you should no longer see the Small, Medium etc. plan options.

There is no term if you get the plan without financing a phone, if you do finance a phone then you will be in a contract until you pay off the device balance. You can learn more about the Fido device financing here.

RalphWBraun

Got it. Thank you!