cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Prepaid Plan

Annephone
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a prepaid plan, $100 for 400 minutes per year. What happens if I run out of minutes before the end of the year?

3 REPLIES 3

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

If it's prepaid, presumably you simply won't be able to use your phone once you exhaust your minutes (since you aren't postpaid). Review your contract and critical information summary for details. If either are unclear, call Fido and ask them to send you a CRTC-compliant copy of your contract and critical information summary. You can review the minimum information that both documents must include here: https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/codesimpl.htm

Hello,

Since it is pre-paid, there would not be any contract. As long as customers have sufficient funds in their accounts, they can use additional minutes at the additional minute pay-per-use rate for their plan.

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Annephone,

Welcome to the community!

While I cannot be certain of your exact plan details, the current Annual Prepaid Talk & Text plan with 400 included local minutes states that additional local minutes are 15¢ per minute (see Full Details here; as of January 31st, 2023).

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. As such, we do not have access to customer accounts. If you would like to verify the details of your plan, you would need to contact customer service. Since your services are pre-paid, you would need to call the dedicated pre-paid customer service line provided in that link.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers