cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Billing

MU93
I'm a participant level 1

I signed up with fido on 28th July and was billed 88$ on 29th of the same month  for next months usage, being future predictive, felt like no faith in customer.No other telecome services(Bell/ Koodo /Rogers) which I have been with, charges in a month advance, and is really ridiculous. When approached customer care they were answerless and was more anctious about why I was billed on the same day of joining the service.

5 REPLIES 5

MightyFish

Initially, my bill is due on November 23/2018 but I have already been billed for a payment back in November 6/2018. It also states on my bill that "you pay for your services in advance, so this bill includes your new services charges for the next billing period" and this ends on the 23rd. 

What does this mean? Will I be charged twice in one month? Why was my payment due on the 6th instead of the 23rd? 

Thanks for posting @MightyFish and welcome to the Community! Very_Happy

I've moved your post to this thread as it does deal with a similar topic. Rest assured you are never billed twice for your services. The way it works is that you are billed for your plan for the upcoming cycle + for any overage from the previous cycle.

To give you an idea, if your cycle ends the 15th then the bill out after November 15th will charge your plan for November 16th - December 15th + any overages incurred for the period of October 16th - November 15th.

I hope that example helped! In terms of your due dates and billing it all depends on your cycle.

When does your cycle start? Keep in mind the bill is always due before the new cycle starts. 

FidoKija
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi Mu93! 

Thanks so much for joining the community! I see Kapable-K already welcomed you. Smiley 

Were you able to find the answer to your question here? Don't hesitate if you have anything else to discuss! That's what the community is for. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @MU93,

Welcome to the community!

That's how the billing has always been.

Bell charges a month in advance also see here.

"3 – Monthly charges

In this section of your bill, you’ll see your monthly rate plan, features and services along with their associated charges. All rate plans and features are billed one month in advance. For example, if your bill date is on the 19th, you will find the monthly charge for your plan from the 19th of this month to the 19th of next month."

Rogers does the same see here.

"Since we bill in advance, there may be partial charges on your first bill for the time period between the start date of services (activation date) and bill date. As a result, you’ll see charges for two different date ranges: one from the activation date to bill date, and another for your next bill cycle."

thirstyturtle18
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I left Telus for Fido last month, and received a bill credit with Telus for the portion of the month I had paid in advance, so this is a common practice for all cell providers. Rest assured, you will receive a credit for the advance payment if and when you leave Fido, just as I did when I left Telus.