cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a second line not working

lux6909
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am trying to add a second line, but keep getting an error message saying that I have to contact customer support. What am I doing wrong? I am moving my account from Rogers to Fido and there are two lines, mine and my partner's. I made an account and signed up my phone number but haven't had any success adding a second one. I see there is a $5 discount over 2 years.. Can't seem to get there from here, at least on line

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lux6909,

Welcome to the community!

From what I understand, both yourself and your partner are new to Fido. Is that correct? If so, you should note that there is a 30 day wait period between upgrades and activations (see here). If you just activated your line, the system would require the 30 days before being able to process your partner's activation. I think the measure is to prevent fraud. However, customer service may be able to process an exception in some cases. You would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers